Saturday, May 8, 2010

Doris and Anthony's Wedding on 27 Feb 2010

Anthony introduced himself to Doris on the MTR platform at Hong Kong Station. He looked smart and always wore pink. That was my first impression, recalls the bride. The two then began to frequent Anthonys favorite jazz bar, where performances ofStreets of London and I just want to say I love you were made. After many sweet occasions, Anthony proposed on a sampan heading to Lamma Island, with their pet dog Fatty and the sampans captain as their witnesses. The wedding was held on 27 February with the wedding ceremony made at China Club followed by a reception dinner at The Helena May. Fresh roses and pew bows created a heart-melting scene at China Club, further enhanced by white and pink petals along the aisle and the presence of a live band of Trio. A release of 99 yellow balloons together with a petal shower set the perfect backdrop for photos. After the ceremony, the mob paraded along the Legislative Council, the Peak Tram Station and Central to capture more fabulous shots. Guests were then welcomed to the historical and atmospheric Helena May furnished with Genistra, Gloriosa Lily and orchid. To make something different out of the wedding, Doris decided to replace table numbers with different flower names and prepared handmade table stands complimented by fresh blossoms. The evening reached its climax during the bouquet toss and the couples first dance after the cake cutting ceremony. Doris says, We chose Stevie Wonders If you really love me as the theme song. Were not good at dancing and didnt want to look ridiculous and nervous, so we took some dance lessons beforehand.The attending guests had great pleasure watching them dance. I love my husband. I married him because I cannot live without him, remarks Doris, who cried with joy when she took the vows.

As for Anthony, who was deeply moved by Doris emotions when she entered the room for the vows, he was actually grateful to have a wedding planner who has made their big day memorable and enjoyable.

於中環上班的Anthony早已察覺Doris的存在,有次終於鼓起勇氣、在港鐵香港站的月台上向Dori s介紹自己。「他看上去很聰明,而且經常穿上粉紅色的衣服。這是Anthony給我的第一印象。」新娘子回憶道。 二人開始經常到Anthony最喜愛的爵士吧約會,邊聽着<Streets of London>和<I justwant to say I love you>邊擦出愛火花。多次甜蜜約會後,Anthony在前往南丫島的舢舨上向Doris求婚,由兩人的愛犬Fatty及舢舨主人見證浪漫一刻。婚禮於227日舉行,眾人先抵達中國會舉行婚禮儀式,晚上再到梅夫人婦女會設宴。婚禮會場內的鮮玫瑰和綵帶襯托出美妙意境,加上散落到梯級上的白色及粉紅色花瓣以及三人樂隊現場演奏,構成一片迷人氣氛。其後,99個黃色汽球被放上天空,親友在從天而降的花瓣中開懷拍照。為了留下更多美好回憶,眾人及後再移師到立法局、山頂纜車站及中環各處,拍下更多精彩鬼馬的照片。到了傍晚,親友抵達綴以金雀花、嘉蘭百合及蘭花的梅夫人婦女會,宴會隨即開始。為了令婚宴更具特色,Doris決定以花名取代枱號,並親自製作用以作識別的枱牌,及以相應的鮮花點綴枱面。當晚的高潮莫過於切餅後的拋花球環節及新人共舞。Doris說:「我們選擇了以Stevie Wonder的<If you really love me>作舞蹈主題曲。由於我們舞藝平凡,為免於親友面前獻醜,還是先上了幾課舞蹈班!」到場祝賀的親友無不被新人的誠意打動。「我愛我的丈夫。我嫁給他,是因為我的生命不能沒有了他。」從Doris在宣誓時喜極而泣,已可看出新娘子對新郎情真意切。新郎亦深受感動,並補充道:「多虧我們的婚禮統籌師,婚禮才能舉辦得如此圓滿而教人難忘。



Q&A

1. How did you two meet and how did you two fall in love? What were your first impressions about each other?

Anthony introduced himself on the subway on the platform of Hong Kong Station. He commented on my appearance and said he had seen me a few times on his way to the office. Anthony looked smart and always wore pink was my first impression.

We had many dinners and frequented Anthony’s favourite jazz bar where they played “Streets of London” and “ I just want to say I love you”. We had many funny experience during our dating: Anthony invited me for tea at his apartment one afternoon but he gave me wrong address. Another time, he brought me home after dinner then dropped the front door keys down the bottom of the elevator. We sat outside all nights, talking and looking at the stars. Funny stupid guy

2. How did Anthony propose? Any token of love between the two of you?

walking the dog… turned into a long walk to Aberdeen which we did from time to time at the weekend. Once there we hired a sampan to Lamma Island. Anthony proposed on the sampan with our dog Fatty and the captain as our witnesses. I was surprise when he brought out the engaged ring. It was beautiful to be on the boat by ourselves and then we had a delicious fresh seafood lunch.


4. Where was the wedding held, and why have you chosen this venue?

Our wedding ceremony at China Club and the reception at Helena May. They are beautiful building with history and atmosphere. The Helena May also is a supports many good causes which made the decision easy.

5. Can you tell us more about the dance and the flower cards, as seen in the photos?

We are not good at dance and we didn’t want to look ridiculous dance and nervous. This moved on to also trying to create an atmosphere of fun to really get the parting going. We chose a Stevie Wonder song with two different rhythms (fast and slow) and then had some dance lessons. Our instructor made two dances for us which was tough. It was fun even though we made a right hash of it.

We wanted to make effort on our wedding day and do something different. So to replace table numbers Doris decided to use flower names and painted the cards by herself. The flowers we chose are Doris’s favorite and the each table had fresh ones also to compliment. Better than table numbers but it turned into quite a project.

6. Any surprises during the wedding ceremony?

Anthony: After all the effort in the planning and preparation, to see it all come together and everyone enjoy themselves was very rewarding. And I’ll never forget the emotions when I first saw Doris entering the room for the vows.

Doris: I was surprised by my tears during the vows. It was the first time I cried with happiness in my life. I will never forget that moment.

7. Any stories/ quotes that you’d like to share with our readers regarding your sweet marriage?

Doris: I love my husband. I married him because I cannot live without him.

Anthony: Word of advice I gave to the unmarried guests “use a wedding planner”. Was great to have no concerns so you can relax and enjoy the day with all your guests.

No comments: